- Born May 4, 1951 in Pennsylvania.
- Married with two teenage daughters
- Hawaii resident since 1982
- Established his law firm, Diehl and Weger, Attorneys at Law, A Law Corporation, in 1983 with offices in downtown Honolulu and Hawaii Kai. The firm concentrates in Family Law, Tax including Complex Tax Preparation, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Litigation.
- Admitted to practice law in Hawaii, U.S. District Court, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C.
- 1973 The American University, Washington, D.C. School of Government and Public Administration with a minor in International Relations.
- 1976 Seton Hall University School of Law. Juris Doctor Degree.
- United States Senate. Legislative Assistant to a United States Senator, Deputy Counsel for the United States Senate Committee on Labor and Public Welfare, Special Counsel to the United States Senate Subcommittee on Alcohol, Drug Abuse and Mental Health, drafting the federal legislation that established federal agencies to address the issues of prevention, education, treatment and research for alcohol abuse, alcoholism, drug abuse and mental health [1972-1977]
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program Administration. As a lobbyist drafted and secured enactment of legislation to establish 21 treatment and prevention programs in New Jersey and enactment of legislation to require insurance companies to provide benefits for alcohol, drug abuse and mental health treatment services [1977-1982]
- Relocated to Honolulu in 1982.
- Established a law practice in Honolulu in 1983. Diehl and Weger, Attorneys at Law, A Law Corporation has offices in Hawaii Kai and downtown Honolulu.
- Family Law Practice started in 1993. Extensive experience in Honolulu and Neighbor Island Family Courts in divorce, custody disputes and complex property cases. In addition to divorce matters, the firm also concentrates in matters within the jurisdiction of the Family Court: adoption, paternity, guardianship and child support.
- American Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association
- Family Court Settlement Master
- Family Court Settlement Master Steering Committee
- Private Mediator
- The Family Court’s Kid’s First Program – Volunteer
- Volunteer Legal Services of Hawaii (VLSH), Hawaii State Bar Association
RICHARD J. DIEHL, ATTORNEY AT LAW
AREA OF EXPERTISE
All neutrals on the DPR Panel are willing to travel to the neighbor islands and the mainland. If you have any questions, please contact DPR at (808) 523-1234
Litigation is the ultimate form of conflict resolution. It is expensive and destructive and is to be avoided. Alternative dispute resolution through mediation, arbitration and the Professional Divorce Master Program established by DPR are constructive approaches to conflict resolution with a proven track record of success. Since 1983, Mr. Diehl has settled 92% of his cases without a trial.
DIVORCE LITIGATION AND MEDIATION EXPERIENCE
FAMILY COURT AND DIVORCE LAW ACTIVITIES