- As a client Rick has participated in multiple mediation/arbitration regarding leased fee value for setting of ground rents, collection of past due rents, or restructuring of leases to comply with current economic reality. At Kamehameha Schools, at Knudsen Trust, and as an adviser to his clients in the mediation process.
- 2005 – Present – Self Employed Real Estate Agent, Consultant and Real Estate Investor
- Co-Trustee, Eric A. Knudsen Trust – Kauai – Asset Mgt. & ground lease negotiation
- Chief Restructuring Officer in Bankruptcy, Hokulia – Sunchase Holdings
- C. L. Werner Revocable Trust – Omaha – Asset Mgt. of capital and land
- The Malulani Group – Honolulu – Board of Directors Member (past) – RE Dvlpmt
- Texas Pacific Corp. – San Francisco – Resort/Residential Evaluation for Purchase
- Southwest Value Partners – Los Angeles – Hotel Purchase Transaction
- Kamehameha Schools – Honolulu – Sale of Land to settle City and County Suit
- Jacoby Development Inc. – Atlanta – Harbor expansion – Hotel & Timeshare Dvlpmt
- Solid Rock Advisors – Santa Barbara – Hotel Purchase
- Sunra Coffee – Tokyo – Asset Manager in Bankruptcy
- 1968 – 1970 Young Harris Junior College, Young Harris, Ga – AS
- 1970 – 1971 – Georgia State University, Atlanta, Ga – Drafted
- 1975 – 1978 – University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hi – BS
- 1986 – 1988 – Kellogg Foundation – Hawaii Leadership Foundation – graduate level course of instruction – study in Taiwan, Florida, Washington DC and various Hawaiian Islands, Hawaii State legislature, and various government agencies, House and Senate in Washington D.C.
- Hawaii State Real Estate Licensee
- Certified Commercial Investment Manager, CClM, awarded by the Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute (5 year course of study and a national exam)
- Urban Land Institute, Certificate in Real Estate Development (5 year course of study and a national exam)
- Western Farm Credit Bank, Financial and Credit Analysis (5 year course of study)
- National Judicial College-Hawaii Supreme Court, Hearings Officer, Principles and Practices
- Past Chairman, Hawaii County Merit Appeals Board (10 years)
- Past Treasurer and Past Chairman, Kona Coffee Cultural Festival (30 years)
- Current Director and Past Chairman, Kona Soil and Water Conservation District (18 years)
- Member, Hawaii Association of Conservation Districts
- Past Member, County of Hawaii, Board of Water Supply, Chairman
- Member, Ethics Commission, County of Hawaii
- Served 1971 to 1975 in the U. S. Coast Guard – Search and Rescue
GEORGE R. ROBINSON
All neutrals on the DPR Panel are willing to travel to the neighbor islands and the mainland. If you have any questions, please contact DPR at (808) 523-1234
George R. (Rick) Robinson is new to the Dispute Resolution field having spent his career as a lender, portfolio manager, Trustee and Realtor. His duties in all of these fields have included arbitration and mediation as a client. Since his retirement from Kamehameha Schools as Director of Commercial Assets in 2005 Rick has served in various capacities within the real estate and investment arena. His abilities are in the ground and space leasing of real estate, management of assets, collection of funds, perfecting of development rights, and consultant on various real estate matters. Rick’s interest is in bringing business solutions to complex disputes in realization that loss of time is the biggest burden to the business environment that we all must live in.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
1991 – 2005 – Kamehameha Schools, Honolulu, Hi – Director, Commercial Asset Division, led a staff of 11 in management of a portfolio of ground and space leased properties valued in excess of $1.5B generating over $100M in annual revenues. Properties included retail, industrial and office properties with 2.1million sq. ft. of space leased properties managed through third party managers. Duties included development agreements and lease management and origination collection and work out of delinquent leases. Retired.
1987 – 1991 – Royal Coast Development, Kawaiahae, Hi – Partner – Real Estate Development Coordinator for master planned community, Project Manager for several subdivisions, golf course permitting Coordinator.
1979 -1987 – Western Farm Credit Bank, Kealakekua, Hi – Vice President, corporate and single entity financing, collections and credit analysis. Individual approval authority and Loan Committee Member. Financed farms, ranches, aquaculture ventures and dairy facilities. Established lending operations on Hawaii Island, and also worked on Maui. Funded through discount bank in Sacramento.
Memberships and Designations
Community and Military Service